Consider volunteering at VBS. Volunteering at VBS provides an impressive example of faith and strengthens your relationship with your children. Volunteering families receive a discount on registration and a sense of confidence in committing to God’s work for the benefit of others.
As well as adults taking leadership roles, we need teens (rising 7th graders – 12 graders) to help. Service hours for honor societies, Confirmation requirements, etc. are available.
Typically our greatest need is for chaperons (Group Leaders) — usually around 25 volunteers are needed.
If you are ready to help, REGISTER as a volunteer now. You will receive a discount for your children who are participating. Half price registration for all children preschool-6th grade with a maximum registration cost of $40 per family.
STS Points for Parents
Parents of St. Timothy Catholic School families receive Points for Parents credit for volunteering at VBS.
- Four 1/2 Days – (Time Commitment) Adult volunteers must be present for each day of VBS camp week from 9:45 am – 12:45 pm.
- VIRTUS – Arlington Diocese’s Volunteer Requirements
All adult volunteers working with youth in the Catholic Diocese of Arlington must maintain compliance with the diocesan’s Office of Child Protection and Safety. If you are volunteering at VBS for the first time and are not Virtus Certified from previous ministry volunteer work, please do the following:
- Contact Jan Clark (email: email@example.com) in the Parish Office at (703) 814-7980 to obtain your package of forms or download the forms here: Diocesan Child Protection Office Questionnaire, Diocesan background check-authorization-waiver, Diocesan Request for Search of the Central Registry, Acknowledgement of the Diocesan Child Protection Policy, Diocesan Code of Conduct for the Laity
- Schedule an appointment with Jan Clark to review your completed forms.
- Attend the VIRTUS training “Protecting GOD’s Children” (approximately 4 hours). Classes are available around the diocese throughout the year. Register at VIRTUS® Online. St. Timothy is scheduling a VIRTUS training program and dates will be posted as soon as they are known.
Please note, the background check and clearance process takes approximately 4-6 weeks. If you fear your clearance will not be done in time, proceed with it anyway. If you are not cleared before the start of VBS, you will be ready for next year or any other ministry with children that you wish to participate in the Diocese of Arlington.